Thank you for stumbling upon my blog - it's goal is to tell you all a bit of my experience in London during my 2 year stay. You can read more about the idea here. In this blog I will post some of my experiences, and give my advice, musings and tips for new Londoners in the hope that it will serve as inspiration, or at least, proof it can be done. Please feel free to comment, ask me a question or two, correct my grammar, whatever you please.

Thursday 2 December 2010

The miss list (1)

Things I will miss terribly:
  • Snow (yes - I'm un-coordinated and slip everywhere, but it's gorgeous)
  • The atmosphere at Christmas (lights, mulled wine, christmas markets)
  • Taking the Eurostar every second weekend (or at least having the opportunity to do so)
  • Portobello Road
  • Koko
  • The Florist Arms
  • Shoreditch
  • Brick Lane markets
  • London Fields
  • Anonymity
  • The tube
  • *real* East End Bagels
  • My room (for its location, space, and view)
  • Automatic tax returns
  • Lovely rainy days when you can stay inside and cuddle.
  • Eating cupcakes on an autumn day from my room, with the windows open, watching the commoners below.

Things I will not miss much (if at all):
  • Londoners (on a bad day)
  • Sheer droves of pigeons.
  • Nights when it is so unbearably cold you can't sleep despite being in woollen pj's and under two duvets.
  • The word 'duvet'.
  • 'Planned Engineering Works' on the tube
  • Dodgy Landlords (here's to hoping I don't get landed with them in Australa)
  • The sun setting at 16:00 in Winter
  • Primark
  • My room (for the fire, flood, and 24 hour power cut)
  • The criminal, criminal amount of fast food. There is a fry-up 'caff' every 20 metres!
  • Paying £3 for a small, burnt, weak coffee.

My room is very dark and cold. I have to sleep in two pairs of pants and a beanie and my heater still doesn't work (36 hours now). Grrrrrrump.

I will report more fluidly soon, promise. The Christmas lights are up in Bethnal Green!

No comments:

Post a Comment