Thank you for stumbling upon my blog - it's goal is to tell you all a bit of my experience in London during my 2 year stay. You can read more about the idea here. In this blog I will post some of my experiences, and give my advice, musings and tips for new Londoners in the hope that it will serve as inspiration, or at least, proof it can be done. Please feel free to comment, ask me a question or two, correct my grammar, whatever you please.

Tuesday 21 September 2010

More ups and downs

Ah, hello, hello again. I don't know where to begin on this one, my mind is a muddled mess unsure of whether to feel elation, worry, sickness or stress. A mixture of the four is almost a worse fate. The most important part is that, in three sleeps, I get to be back in my boyfriends' arms again. Oh yes - 16.55 Friday sees me on a  Eurostar voyage to lovely Paris, to be with my lovely boyfriend for the weekend. It's only been two weeks but I tell you, it's high time. I'm becoming a complete emotional mess (which ususally, I pride myself on being the exact opposite of), in the past two days I've cried at...

  • Adverts for Eurostar
  • Adverts for Google (in my defence, this was charming, I will be sure to post the link at some point)
  • People speaking French (at work no less, I crawled into the bathroom in shame)
  • A woman walking her child to the bus stop
How and why? I do not exactly know. I blame hormones and being away from the man who stopped me from being a black hearted solitary cow to... a blubblering maternal mess (oh, joy of joys).

Anyway - back on track, my journey is something to be very excited about. I also have the right to be slightly worried (because I had to fib to worm my way out of work an hour early, love will do these things!) and also because, well, I'm not on the train yet. Which is going to keep me awake on Thursday night, I just know it.

The sickness and the stress regard work (which has been so busy I haven't been able to have a single thought to myself between 7.45 and 4.45), there is a winter sniffle going around I am desperately trying to avoid and, the fact that my boyfriend is now worrying about what visa to apply for, and when to do it.

I'm not going to bore myself (or yourselves) with the details but this is the decision my boyfriend and I have made. He's going to apply for a Skilled - Recognised Graduate - temporary (subclass 476) visa which allows young (under 31 years old) Engineers who have recently finished uni at a recognized institution to come to Australia without a sponsor and work freely for 18 months. At the end of those 18 months, well, another visa (at the moment the options are for him to get an employment visa and a sponsor, or for us to get one on the basis of our relationship). However, one of the options is that I go to join him in France for my final year of university - which would make applying for another visa futile. Oh well, lets see. Progress on the Australia front, hurrah! He's also managed to secure an interview with Veolia already too. Words cannot describe how excited I am!

Ultimately, I feel optimistic and strong, like I'm going to be able to get myself (and possibly, if the lover has another freakout, us both) through these challenges, and like if it's meant to be, it will be. Wish me luck =) I'll write to you from Paris, and it will be even more swoony than I am now, be prepared ;)

Please note that my views/opinions/choices of Visa are not professional, and while I could offer my personal advice, this is only relevant to my particular situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment